Dual Degree Program with
Guangzhou University, CHINA
In 2014, Wesleyan College established a dual-degree program with Guangzhou University (Guangzhou, PRC) for qualified female students from China. Dual-degree students complete their first year of study at Guangzhou University and their second year of study at Wesleyan College, including two summer terms. They return to Guangzhou University for their third and fourth years of study. Through this rigorous program, students complete all requirements for graduation from Wesleyan College and Guangzhou University in order to earn degrees from both institutions. Students are admitted to Guangzhou University for majors in business administration, economics, or psychology through the Chinese GAOKAO admission process. Interviews will be used prior to matriculation at Guangzhou University to assess the student's overall English proficiency, leadership qualities, and overall academic ability. Students should contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 1-800-447-6610 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to the second year of study at Wesleyan College. Dual-degree students in the program between Guangzhou University and Wesleyan College will be admitted by Wesleyan College at the time they are admitted by Guangzhou University contingent upon the following:
- Application for Admission: Complete an application for admission to the Wesleyan College study abroad portion of the dual-degree program by October. Complete all parts of the international application form and mail to: Wesleyan College; Office of Enrollment Services; 4760 Forsyth Road; Macon, GA 31210-4462. We prefer that you apply online at www.wesleyancollege.edu/apply.
- Transcripts and Test Scores: Applicants must submit GAOKAO scores and an English-language high school transcript. Applicants will send their English-language transcripts and GAOKAO scores to Wesleyan College using the China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC) at http://www.chsi.com.cn/en/help/howtoapply.ccv.jsp.
- VISA Documents: The application must include an International Student Certificate of Finance, bank statement, and a copy of a valid passport.
- Interview: Students must successfully pass an interview with Wesleyan College and Guangzhou University staff.
- Deposit: Once admitted, the student is required to submit a $5,000 deposit by October 15. The balance of tuition, room and board is due by June 1.
Continuing in the program:
- Students must adhere to all policies and procedures of Wesleyan College when studying in the United States and all policies and procedures of Guangzhou University when studying in China.
- Students must demonstrate successful academic progress during their first year at Guangzhou University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students enrolled in the Guangzhou/Wesleyan College Dual-Degree program will send their transcripts to Wesleyan College using the China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC) at http://www.chsi.com.cn/en/help/howtoapply.ccv.jsp. Submission of an English-language Verification Report of China Higher Education Student’s Academic Transcript should be sent twice, using the timeline below. Students are responsible for the cost of the transcripts.
- End of First Year at Guangzhou: Send the transcript only after final grades have been posted.
- After Completion of Thesis: Send the transcript only after final grades have been posted.
- At the conclusion of the study abroad portion of the dual-degree program at Wesleyan College, students will request a transcript from the Registrar at Wesleyan College to be sent to Guangzhou University. Requests for transcripts should be made athttp://www.wesleyancollege.edu/academic/resources/transcript.cfm. Students are responsible for the cost of the transcript.
- Once all degree requirements are met, Wesleyan College will confer the baccalaureate degree upon its dual-degree graduates. The degree will be conferred during the August commencement ceremony in Macon, Georgia. A separate ceremony will take place at Guangzhou University. Transcripts must be received two weeks prior to the August commencement ceremony in order for a degree to be conferred.